USER SOURCE

From: LEE, KERRY T. (JSC-SR) (UHCL) (kerry.t.lee1@jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 21:21:13 CEST

     Hi,

    I am using the user SOURCE routine and I am trying to set the direction
    cosines of the beam in my source.f routine. I have successfully run
    changing both cosX and cosY, but when I try and change cosZ nothing happens.
    When I set coxZ to 1 or -1 the code gets hung in an infinite loop, and the
    error output shows that cosX=0, cosY=0, and cosZ=0, therefore, it thinks
    there is no movement.

    I use the following lines to set the direction cosines

    TX (LSTACK) = cosx_
    TY (LSTACK) = cosy_
    TZ (LSTACK) = cosz_

    Is there something additional that must be done to change cosZ properly?

    When I use the BEAMPOS card without SOURCE everything works as expected.

    Thanks
    Kerry Lee