Re: Help for a raw beginner

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 19:00:43 CET

    Hello Martin,
    thanks for your message. I try to give some answers
    1) PEG file to prepare PEMF: there you spotted a mistake
    Probably AP and UP where interchanged on the file which went to the web
    site. About UE and UP values: in principle you can put a (total) energy
    value which is larger that what you need. So this is not a mistake.
    However, in order to have a better tabulation, it would be recommended to
    avoid to exceed so much the natural value for your problem.

    2) About your question no. 2. Provided that you build your USRBIN grid in
    the right way, you will have no problem at all. USRBIN will return the
    energy (or whatever you requested) deposited in the region of space
    defined by the coordinates that you put in the USRBIN definition. In the
    case described here they are measuring the energy (rescaled to dose) in
    the TLDs

    3) You are right: in order to have the ascii file you have to process the
    usbsuw output using usbrea.f (that you find in the flutil directory)
    Sorry for having omitted this.

    Thank you again for the problems that you pointed out.

            Giuseppe Battistoni for the FLUKA team