Parallel Monte Carlo with FLUKA

From: LEE, KERRY T. (JSC-SF) (UHCL) (kerry.t.lee1@jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 22:23:52 CEST

    Hi,

    I would like to run different FLUKA runs on multiple processors/machines,
    but want to avoid the overlapping of random seed sequences. I saw the
    following in the fluka-discuss archive.

    http://pcfluka.mi.infn.it/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0053.html

    Alfredo responded to this message saying that this mechanism was not in
    place yet but would be there in the next release. Since this was almost 3
    years ago I assume this mechanism exists now in the April 2004 release, is
    that correct?

    If I understand what Alberto said in his mail, I should be able to put in
    any number less than 9.E8 in what(2) of RANDOMIZE and not have to worry
    about repeating random sequences for different runs as long as I use
    different values in what(2) of RANDOMIZE. Is that correct?

    Thanks
    Kerry
    ktlee@ems.jsc.nasa.gov