Re: Parallel Monte Carlo with FLUKA

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 09:13:28 CEST

    Yes! Now it works and this mechanism is actually already in use
    by many of us.
    There is an alternative, that is to prepare a set of different random
    seeds (analogous to the random.dat file that you have in the $FLUPRO
    directory) to start jobs on different machines.
    This would avoid to loose some time in job initialization,
    but sometimes people get confused in doing this, therefore
    I would say that the use of different WHAT(2) values
    in RANDOMIZE command is a less error-prone procedure.

            Giuseppe