Re: neutrino simulations

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 22:24:12 CET

    I quote from the FLUKA manual:

    "[In FLUKA] electron and muon (anti)neutrinos are produced and tracked on
    option, without interactions.
    Neutrino interactions however are implemented, but independently from
    tracking.

    Anyway, even if that was not the case, the cross sections are so small
    that the probability of interaction would be negligible, unless your
    regions are of enormous size".

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025