Re: problem

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 10:37:21 CET

    Dear Yann

    am I wrong or your input has a 800 um thick window rather than a 80 um
    one?
    The window thickness is defined by

       XYP 4 +0.080

    and 0.08 cm corresponds to 0.8 mm -> 800 um if I am not wrong (check
    please!)

    If so, your 10 MeV beam is probably ranging out in the window (it would be
    better anyway to lower the proton transport threshold to 100 keV
    using PART-THRES, since the default CALORIMETRY is setting it at 1 MeV)

    I lowered the thickness to 0.008 cm and now roughly 660 keV are in the
    window and rest goes thru (reasonable according to my dE/dx tables).

                 Ciao
                Alfredo

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, foucher wrote:

    > Dear FLUKA users,
    >
    > I would like to calculate the energy loss of a proton beam on Si window (80
    > micron).
    > Whatever the proton energy is, the results for the energy loss is equal to
    > the proton energy.
    > I know it is wrong but I don't know where is the problem.
    > Is there anyone who could help me ?
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Yann

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |