RE: help me with flulka input in C.R.

From: Harine, Katherine (Katherine.J.Harine@nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 22:47:49 CEST

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6CD3E.B8845291

    In broad terms, you will need to write a source.f file to sample the =
    various energies in your input spectrum. You may want to write a =
    separate one for each important ion in the cosmic rays, for example, =
    protons, alphas, carbon, iron, et cetera. Hence you would have a =
    separate run for each ion and each run would sample a file that had the =
    spectrum for that particular ion. For the carbon ion runs, your =
    source.f file would read a file with the carbon cosmic ray spectrum.

    The source.f file would also be the code to provide the proper direction =
    cosines. There may be sample source.f files either in the distribution =
    or availabe from other people. A simple one is in the FLUPRO/usermvax =
    directory, where FLUPRO is the path to your fluka installation, i.e. =
    /home/userdir/fluka/usermvax.

    Other people may have other suggestions as to the structure to use for =
    your problem. It would probably be best to get several suggestions =
    before starting the work.

    - Katherine Harine