Re: USRBDX card

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 09:48:25 CEST

    No way

    please READ THE MANUAL! FLUKA uses a multigroup approach in between "0"
    and 19.6 MeV. The present library has 72 groups and there is no way you
    can get a finer mesh in that energy range

                  Alfredo

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Bhushankumar Jagannath Patil wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using USRBDX card to score neutron fluence as
    >
    > USRBDX 101.0 8.0 -61.0 7.0 6.0
    > 145.32PhFluenUD
    > USRBDX 0.015 1e-14 100.0 &
    >
    > in this example i have asked for 100 energy bins between the enrgy range
    > 15 MeV to 1e-5 ev. But the *.tab.lis giving only 72 energy bins in the
    > enrgy range 1e-5 ev to 19.6 MeV. where i had made a mistake? when i am
    > using following USRBDX card then also it is giving 72 enrgy bins with the
    > same enrgy range.
    >
    > USRBDX 101.0 8.0 -61.0 7.0 6.0
    > 145.32PhFluenUD
    > USRBDX 1e-08 1e-14 100.0 &
    >
    > So i want to know how can i set the max and min energy limit in USRBDX
    > card to score neutron energy spectrum in the energy range 1e-5eV to 10 ev
    > with 100 energy bins.
    >

    > Thanks
    > Patil Bhushankumar J.

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |