RE: USRBDX card

From: Tang, Alfred (atang@phys.ksu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 04:03:52 CEST

    I have similar experience myself. But I don't think that you made a mistake. FLUKA uses a separate neutron transport alogorithm (downscattering matrix) for low energy (below 19.6 MeV) and the default number of energy bins is 72. In my input card, I may set the number of energy bins to 100 for neutron transport. But FLUKA may return 114 bins and so on. If you have to have 100 bins exactly, there may be ways to reset the defaults. But it seems easier just to take whatever FLUKA gives you.

    Alfred Tang
    Physics Department
    Kansas State University
    13 Cardwell Hall