Re: dose calculation

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 12:35:18 CET

    Hello Yann,

    1) I don't think there is anything wrong in your input file concerning
    your BEAM definition.
    When I describe an isotropic source, I can also read the same (about
    beam direction cosines) in my *.out file, and my source
    is definitely isotropic. You can check it by plotting the fluence
    obtained with USRBIN (with usbsuw+pawlevbin+bpawlev or flukagui)
    to be sure.

    2) You can calculate dose by using USERWEIG card and routine fluscw.f if
    you calculate fluence (your case) or comscw.f if you calculate energy
    density.
    It is explained in the manual, in USRBIN section (note 5), USERWEIG
    section and user routines chapter.
    You can also calculate dose with a special fluscw routine by Stefan
    Roesler (and al) named deq99c.f with USRBIN, USRBDX, USRTRACK (see
    several mails in the mailing list in that subject).
    Available : dose provided by neutrons, protons, charged pions, muons,
    photons and electrons.

    Hope it helps.

    Regards.
    Sebastien.