Double Counting with USRYIELD

From: Lindley Winslow (LAWinslow@lbl.gov)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 03:35:03 CET

    Hello all,

    I am trying to reproduce neutron yield results in C10H22 with the
    attached setup and scoring using USRYIELD. The paper (PhysRevD.
    64.013012 this may be familiar to some) predicts 27.1 x10-5 neutrons
    per muon per g/cm2 where I am getting 37.2x10-5 neutrons per muon per
    g/cm2 at Emu=285.0GeV. My numbers from integrating dN/dOmega/dE and
    dN/dE/dOmega are consistent so I was thinking I had another issue.

    I was wondering if by scoring neutrons emerging from inelastic
    interactions I will be double counting neutrons from neutron
    scattering or neutron spallation.

    Thank you,
    Lindley