optical photons for electron from muon decay and muon

From: Rat Gunasingha (rmgunasingha@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 20:42:58 CET

    Dear Fluka users,

    I am transporting muons through ice and generating optical photons using fluka 2006 v3. Then I can get the deposited energy and time information on photo cathodes of PMTs.

    Now I need to study the detector response for the electron from stopped muons decay ( michel electron). For this, I generate muons and let it stop inside the detector to decay. Through the mgdraw.f routine I can see the electron was created after muon decay. But I don't see any hits on PMTs due to the optical photons from electron. I need to get the hit time and hits due to electron.

    In the input file xxx.inp
    my primary particle is muon and I set option card

    PHYSICS 1.0 0.0 0.0 10.0 0.0 DECAYS

    My questions is this. When fluka runs,
     Does it create optical photons for the primary particle only?
    If it needs to create optical photons for both the muon and electron from muon decay,
     do I have to set any other option card? or How do I do it?

    Thank you,

    Gunasingha

     Get your own web address.