Re: Help with pion multiplicity

From: paola sala (paola.sala@cern.ch)
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 14:03:48 CEST

    Hi

    1)The "target" in your input is much too thick, and
    the beam is loosing a lot of energy in it:
    you can see at the end of the out file that 88% of
    the beam energy stays in the target.
    Therefore, you are not measuring the production
    at the beam energy, but over all the range
    from the beam energy to zero.
    2) about cross sections. The one you are referring to are
    NOT the "nuclear" cross sections in general,
    they are the cross sections for low energy neutron
    transport ( low energy means below 20 MeV ).
    Low energy neutrons have no influence on the problem you
    want to simulate. Therefore, it
    would be much better to have the correct target material.
    To avoid crashes at initialization because of the missing
    neutron lib, you can fake the code
    with the LOW-MAT card, associating to LANTANIUM wichever
    cross section you wish:
    for instance

    LOW-MAT LANTANIUM BARIUM

    and discard all the low energy neutrons by

    LOW-BIAS 1.0

      Ciao
    Paola