Help with pion multiplicity

From: Norman Furlong (furlong.norman@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 00:26:53 CEST

    Hi,

    I signed up for the May Fluka course in Houston and have been running some
    simple pion multiplicity experiments to get up to speed prior to the
    week-long training. I would like to reproduce the results from this paper
    (attached), particularly figs 1 & 2, but have not yet been able to. I
    understand the physical setup will be different, but I would expect to see
    similar slopes from my runs.

    Can you please look at a sample file I used and make recommendations? This
    one (pa9a.inp) is for a 740MeV La beam onto a Ba target. Išm using Ba as a
    target instead of the La in the paper since I didnšt see nuclear
    cross-section data for La in the Fluka libs. I also included an output file
    (pa9a001.out). I removed the XY plane so I could measure all the particles
    leaving the target block, but I'm not sure I'm using the most appropriate
    detector for this experiment.

    Thanks,
    Norman