Re: Problem with deuton converter

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 17:28:39 CEST

    Hello Vincent,

    Your beam energy is too low to get interactions through DPMJET (it is
    transparent here). I did a SPIRAL2 simulation with FLUKA, and although
    it wasn't the purpose of my study, I scored neutron fluence in the
    converter (a cylinder of 7.7 cm radius and 1 cm thick) : 2.17e+14
    n/cm²/s (with usrtrack then) and coming out from converter (usrbdx over
    4 pi) : 1.17e+14 n/cm²/s. My beam was not cylindrical but rectangular
    3cm*3cm, 40 MeV, 5 mA (ie 3.125e+16 d/s).
    I found that is was not so far of the given values for 2.83 and 4 cm
    beam diameters respectively 1.1e+14 and 7e+13 n/cm²/s.
    I read that the neutron yield should be ~2.5% per deuteron over 4pi.

    Regards.
    Sébastien.