Re: [fluka-discuss]: track length and energy deposition of fission fragments

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 15:38:17 +0200

Dear Cristina,

in USDRAW your intercept your heavy fragments when they are generated, not
during their transport, which a track length is associated to.

To your purposes (damage, lattice disorder study), there is a much more
direct and proper way to proceed, that is calculation of DPAs (it has been
implemented in the code exactly to those purposes). You shall score
DPA-SCO with USRBIN, after activating ion transport and lowering hadron
thresholds as much as possible (as I explained last week). This way, also
the DPA contribution of low energy neutron products - not generated
explicitly - is taken into account. You will eventually get a spatial DPA
distribution, giving a picture of damage distribution and level.

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI