Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRBIN output for ANSYS

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 17:22:22 +0200

Dear Tao Yang,

use the standard usbrea as available in $FLUPRO/flutil, by the way
directly invoked by Flair through the 'To ascii' command appearing by
clicking with the mouse right button on the binary file name (in the
Files interface of the Run frame).

It will generate a 10-column file, to be read row after row (a single
column has no specific meaning). It contains the energy deposition matrix
(in GeV/cm3 per primary particle, in case you asked for ENERGY scoring),
element after element. After the header, the first value of the second row
should be read following the ten on the first row. To properly interpret
it, you have to consider that the matrix has normally 3 indeces (referring
to x,y,z or r,phi,z, depending on your scoring choice). In the sequence
of matrix elements, the first index runs first over its interval, then the
second, finally the third. So the list is E(1,1,1), E(2,1,1), ...,
E(N1,1,1), E(1,2,1) etc. where N1 is the number of x/r bins.

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI