Re: muon transport

From: Paola Sala (paola.sala@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 10:29:30 CEST

    Hi Masumi,
    sorry, but I do not fully understand what are you trying to simulate.
    Maybe the full input file would help. Anyhow, I'll try to give some
    hints:
    Your USRYIELD is scoring the angular distribution of muons , in 100
    angular bins between 0 and 30 degrees, the muon energy being limited to
    3 GeV. Is this what you want? How do you evaluate a cross section from
    this scoring ? ( muons survive to all interactions, you'll always get
    all muons out unless your slab is of the order of the range)

    In general:
    If you are interested in photonuclear events, you should use the
    LAM-BIAS card to enhance the interaction probability, otherwise you'll
    never get enough statistics

    To evaluate statistical errors, you should use the binary output format
    for the estimators, perform many (5-10) cycles of the same run ( i.e.
      rfluka -M5 -N0 myinput ) and use the distributed auxiliary programs
    to sum and process the results ( $FLUPRO/flutil/usysuw for usryield
    scoring)

    Hope this helps, if not please send more information.
    Paola