Re: [fluka-discuss]: Magnetic field in FLUKA input

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 18:38:56 +0200

Dear Martin Xie
in your case, once you have defined the field
components with MGNFIELD, you activate the magnetic
field in a given material by means of the
ASSIGNMA card (see the manual)
I presume that you have a room filled with AIR, and
if you need to assign the mag field only to a part of the room region,
then you need to define a new air material, using
a different name of your choice, and assign it to
the region of interest.

Alternatively you can define the magnetic field
using a specific FLUKA user routine called
magfld.f.
In order to use it see the manual for the MGNFIELD card
and chapter 13 for user routines in general.

        Giuseppe Battistoni

--
INFN Milano
via Celoria 16, 20133 Milano