[fluka-discuss]: Fluka run and calculation comparision

From: Masoomeh Yarmohammadi Satri <masoomeh.yarmohammadi.satri_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 13:05:59 +0000

Dear All,

I exposed a two layers: Titanium-copper target with a 10MeV electron beam and read the Dose equivalent data at 1m from the target before a 30cm Concrete wall and after the wall. For a cross check, I used the D2=D1 exp (-ux/p) and implemented the D2 (Dose EQ after the 30cm concrete wall) and D1 (Dose EQ before the wall) from the fluka run data (file is attached as a png). I was expecting the x=30 cm but solving the relation for x gave x=103cm concrete thickness. Could you please let me know why this big difference between the relation and simulation while data of simulation is extracted from 30cm concrete wall thickness?

Best regards,
Masoomeh