RE: [fluka-discuss]: Attempts to track particles using USERDUMP

From: Philippe Schoofs <philippe.schoofs_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 09:07:11 +0000

Dear Kevin,

You are right : the usual way of doing that is to call MGDRAW with Userdump. You could even use the version of the mgdraw given in the distribution, it will yield among others the information you seek. However, not only will it give to you lots of information about the whole history that you might not need, it will also give it unformatted. What could be better for you is to have a look at the Mgdraw routine, locate the place where all the printouts are and comment them out, replacing them with a write command dumping as text in any unit specifically the info you seek (for example x, y, z for tracking the path).

Try that and if you need any further help in modifying the routine, I'll be happy to assist

Cheers
Philippe