Re: [fluka-discuss]: Minimum distance to nearest boundary

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:22:17 +0000

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your mail. However, I’m afraid that I probably didn’t explain my problem very well.

I need to implement some very specific biasing scheme for isotope diffusion tracking and for this purpose I do need to interface with FLUKA’s geometry kernel. As the minimum distance is usually a standard feature of every tracker I was looking for the name of this routine. If it is not implemented in FLUKA, which would surprise me, then I can implement it myself as I’ve done it already many times writing geometry kernels.

However, for this I would also need to know the name of the routine in FLUKA which solves the nearest intersection problem between a ray and the full boolean geometry model. All of this has to happen dynamically during the runtime of FLUKA from where I also get the original position of the radionuclide . Theoretically I could use my own geometry kernel from. SimpleGeo and link it to FLUKA, but this is not very practical and would duplicate the efforts to determine information which is already there and available during the simulation run.

Thanks a lot
Chris