Re: [fluka-discuss]: STOP INVALID MATERIAL DENSITY

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:53:46 -0700

Dear Roberto,

Hello and thank you!

On 2017-07-18 11:57 PM, Versaci Roberto wrote:
> Dear Mina,
>
> My guess is that there error is caused by a spurious empty MATERIAL
> card right after the definition of CuAlum.
Yes, you saw something I missed seeing even though I went up and down
the input file, a few times, looking for a material with a 0.000
assigned density. Thank you!

> I would also point out a few other issues that you should address.
>
> For several materials, you're filling the WHAT(2), i.e the atomic
> weight, which shouldn't be filled as it is calculated by the code
> itself according to the other parameters provided
I checked, and see only elements that have atomic weights assigned and I
am sure this is not something I added by hand. I have been working on
this file for the past few years, so it is quite possible that this was
the default
FLUKA behavior when an element was added to the input file.

> You're defining natural Europium as a compound of two isotopes Eu-151
> and Eu-153 but you're not giving their mass number.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. I am attaching a snapshot
of the MATERIAL and COMPOUND cards for nat Eu. I was missing the mass
number for natEu (i.e. 151.96) which I added in after your comment. Is
this what you were referring to?

> I also believe that there's a numerical issue with your BEAMAXES card.
What kind of numerical issue are you referring to? I can't see it. I've
checked the beam distribution and direction and it is what I intended it
to be, i.e. the beam is along Z direction with beam Z at 22 deg with
respect to the geometry X axis. I am attaching a snapshot of the
BEAMAXES card.

Thanks again for your help Roberto,
Mina