Re: [fluka-discuss]: Normalization of results for x-ray tube output / source.f

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:10:43 +0000

Hi Alex,

If you take the function photons(E) that you plot in “spektasjpg.jpg’ and you compute <photons> = INT_{Emin,Emax}(photons(E) x dE) / (Emax-Emin), this will tell you how many photons/mm^2 in average you will produce per mAs of current for your x-ray source.
So, for a long enough simulation, you could just multiply the usual fluka normalization by that number:
(pSv/primary) x (photons/mAs) -------> (pSv/mAs) because primary=photons

of course this assumes that in your sampling ‘source.f’ routine you haven’t biased the weights of the starting photons.

-Mario