Re: [fluka-discuss]: Scoring for cosmic ray dose equivalent

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:42:46 +0000

Dear Caner,
find attached your input file with some modifications in line with my comments in my previous email.
As cross check for the dose eq calculation, I added few USRTRACK (plot enclosed).
The lines show:
- black line: fluence of all particles in region Air100
- blue line: fluence of muons in region Air100. As expected they represent the biggest contribution, especially in the high-energy range
- green line: ambient dose distribution. For energy > 1 GeV the scaling factor between the dose-eq and fluence is ~300.
This is exactly what is expected: as reference give a look at Figure 10 (bottom) in this technical note<https://info-fluka-discussion.web.cern.ch/info-fluka-discussion/download/deq2.pdf> that describes the implementation of the
conversion coefficient from fluence to dose eq in FLUKA.

As final remark, there were cards after a STOP card in your input file.
Be aware that all those cards are actually not read.

Best, luigi

P.S. I guess that your email is not registered to the mailing list, as your email didn’t arrive to the list.
It’s worth to register: both to have feedback from and provide (hopefully!) useful hints to other users.

[cid:681b64b3-ff2d-465e-958b-d5767aec9b84_at_cern.ch]