Strange output format

From: Helmut Vincke (Helmut.Vincke@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 10:27:35 CEST

    Dear colleagues

    During an activation calculation I encountered a result in the ASCII
    output file which was "6.4308-100". I think I am not the first who had
    such a result and therefore I found it worth being discussed in the
    discussion list.

    I assume it should be "6.4308E-100"

    In post processing programs it could cause troubles. Either it is seen
    as expression and the result is seen as -93.57, or the program crashes.
    In the first case it might even go unnoticed resulting in bad results.

    To my mind the format should be changed either by reducing the digits
    after the comma resulting in a free character for the missing E or the
    values smaller than 0.0001E-99 should be set to 0.0.

    Best regards
    Helmut