Re: [fluka-discuss]: Errors generated with the data

From: nikhil shetty <nikhil.nitk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:05:49 +0200

Hi Riya,

The errors are relative, and are in percentage. How much error is
acceptable is a subjective question, which depends on how much error your
system can tolerate. Note that the error you get is only statistical, and
not systematic.

For most applications, I would be satisfied with an error of less than 10%.
I would be careful with data which has an error of 30% or more.

Slides 24-26 from the below presentation has more info:
http://www.fluka.org/content/course/NEA/lectures/StatSampl.pdf

Cheers,
Nikhil