[fluka-discuss]: RE: Modulator wheel

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 21:20:54 +0000

Dear Valerio,

For Flair-related questions please always send the flair file, otherwise one cannot reproduce the problem (for example, one cannot know which angles you simulated). Anyway, looking at your FLUKA input file, it seems that changing the angle for the plane Pl1 does not have the effect you are looking for: at the position of the beam (at y=-0.5cm and z=-2.5cm, with the beam pointing in x direction) the thickness of the wheel remains the same for all angles, and therefore you don't have a spread-out Bragg peak (note, the beam still traverses the wheel and hence the Bragg peak has a different position than if the wheel would not be present). You should carefully check your geometry implementation and verify for each angle that the thickness indeed changes.

Cheers, Anton