[fluka-discuss]: How to distinguish the contribution of absorbed doses from different particles?

From: <shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:10:50 +0800

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm using photons to hit the target made of copper, air, and iron. I want to
know the absorbed dose(in Gy) of the target, and since the highest energy of
photon is higher than several MeV I also opened the photonuclear card in all
energies. I use USRBIN card to record the absorbed dose, and also want to
distinguish the contributions of different particles(eg. photons, neutrons,
and so on). So I also set AUXSCORE card. But I cannot understand the
results. For example, the USRBIN card 1 told me that the total dose is 1E7
Gy, but USRBIN card 2 told me that the dose caused by photon is 3E4 Gy, and
the third card showed me the dose caused by neutron is only 1E2. What is the
reason for this? And where is other doses come from, electrons? Or that's
because the way I'm using AUXSOCRE card or the way I want to distinguish the
contribution of particles is incorrect? If so, what is the correct way?

Thanks for your help!