[fluka-discuss]: How to understand the results of USRBDX

From: <shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:58:38 +0800

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm using FLUKA to do some simulation. I set photons as the incident
particle, and in the vacuum. The photons are pointing to hit a 6mm thick
copper, and I set a USRBDX to record the photons from vacuum to copper and
the electrons from copper back to vacuum(the same surface between vacuum and
copper). But the results(sum.lis file) show that about 300 photons across
from vacuum to copper when the incident particle was only one photon. I
don't know the reason. Is the result correct? If so, how to understand that
result? Or it's simply because FLUKA cannot distinguish the incident photon
and secondary photon here?(The number of primaries is 1E8).

Thanks for your help!

Shy Shi