[fluka-discuss]: USRBIN 1D-Projection

From: Patryk Pasterny <Patryk.Pasterny_at_fis.agh.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:47:16 +0100

ar FLUKA users,

I have a question about projecting USRBIN in R-Phi-Z coordinate system on Z axis.
I am using bnn.lis files to convert USRBIN data into .root TH3D histo. When i want to project this data to 1D histogram on R axis i sum up data for all data from Phi and Z bins for each R, dividing the result by (number of bins Phi * number of bins Z) and then fill TH1F histo with it. When i am comparing it with FLAIR-gnuplot histogram they are exactly the same. The problem occurs when i want to do the same, but project it on Z axis. I understand that i should remember that i am in R-Phi-Z coordinate system so i use equation in attachment to count it (r is in my programm the center of bin). I am getting close but not equal values for each bin in Z shown in attachment also. Do you know how exactly gnuplot make 1D-Projection on Z axis
for USRBIN card, or maybe it is just a problem of precision of numbers used in FLAIR and in my program?

Regards,
Patryk Pasterny