RE: [fluka-discuss]: USRBIN 1D-Projection

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 20:08:35 +0000

Dear Patryk,

the reason for the discrepancy is that you are not taking into account that in cylindrical coordinates the R-Phi bins do not have identical surface area, while the phi-Z bins do.
That's why your way of processing the data works when projecting in R and not when projecting in Z.
For example if you have 4 GeV/cm^3 in an external R bin and 2 GeV/cm^3 in an internal R bin, you cannot assume that the average is 3 since they correspond to different volumes even if they have the same R bin size.

Try to normalise according to the volume (surface is enough in this case) of the bins.
E.g. multiply each bin value with the bin surface in R-Phi. This will give you results per cm (e.g. GeV/cm). Add them together and then divide by the total cross-sectional area (i.e. pi*Rmax^2) for each Z.

This should give the proper results

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Lefteris