Re: [fluka-discuss]: Attenuation coefficient for photons in a material

From: Beatrice Pomaro <beatrice.pomaro_at_dicea.unipd.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:30:13 +0100

Thank you very much for your explanations,
so if I would like to estimate the linear attenuation coefficient
through the different media, am I allowed to do the natural logarithmic
ln(flux_in/flux_out) and divide it by the thickness, whatever the inner
flux is?
Or would you suggest a more elegant approach?
Thank you once more,
Beatrice

---
Ing. Beatrice Pomaro
Universita' degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale
Via F. Marzolo, 9 - 35131 Padova (Italy)
tel.: +39 049 8275592
e-mail: beatrice.pomaro_at_dicea.unipd.it