RE: delayed (n, gamma)

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 18:59:40 CEST

    Hi Mary,

    in very general terms yes, however most probably not for your kind of
    application, i.e., ATRACK (TRACKR common block) allows for a time
    dependent 'scoring' using the collision tape and it is then the 'age' of
    the current particle, i.e., the time in seconds after the start of the
    primary transport (t=0).

    BUT, if I understand your configuration correctly, you would like to
    look into the decay products coming from RADDECAY in terms of the
    absolute decay time, thus this would generally be only possible if
    you're using semi-analogue mode (RADDECAY What(1)>1). Even then, ATRACK
    wouldn't be the full story as you would also need the delay from the
    interaction time ('production'), something possible using AGESEC (GENSTK
    common block), but not straight forward!

    As this procedure is rather complicated you should be sure that you
    really need this information on an event basis. If not, the standard
    scoring allows you to score particle energy spectra (e.g., USRTRACK) at
    arbitrary cooling times (see DCYTIMES, DCYSCORE).

    hope this helps, cheers

    Markus