Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: problem about the DETECT card

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:03:33 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Francesc,
Thanks for your reply. I do need the event-by-event scoring, I changed the input file and ran it again, and I get the non-zero results. But there are some doubts about the output:
1) I use flair to merge the *.17 files and get the output shown in 1.png, it's a 4-column data, what's the physical meaning of each column? I guess the 1st and 2nd column are the energy bin. The 3rd data is decimals, does it stand for the relative intensity or counts? The 4th colum is the percentage error,is it? When I sum these decimals, it is not 1.0, does it mean some primaries exit the detector? Then I use the fortran subroutine to process the *.17 files and it also gives an output shown in 3.png, but the 2nd colume is integer, I guess these integers have the same meaning as the above decimals if it's divided by their sum.
2) In the DETECT card, the lower and upper limit are important to get the non-zero results, so it is important to evaluate the approximate energy deposition. In my input file, I don't define a trigger region, and thus the default WHAT(5) of DETECT card is anti-coincidence, why is that? Waht does it get rid of?
3) The data is plotted in 2.png, as we see, they show a peak, how does it formed? Whether the peak has a physical imaging?
4) I often use very small thresholds in the EMF-CUT cards because I think I will lose some information if I set a higher value. The root of the issue is how to set the threshold value, what is the standard?
5)In the input file I use EVENTBIN card, unfortunately, I don't know how to read it out? I read the manual, but I can't handle it. The manual says it's like the USRBIN. Maybe it also shows a spatial distribution. I read some articles about using FLUKA to simulate scintillator response, they often use EVENTBIN card, but I don't known how to reconstruct the response only using the EVENTBIN output, I think it's a terrible work, could you give the methods?

I look forward your reply, thanks very much!
Best regards.

Yang