[fluka-discuss]: FLAIR pre-processing expressions and potentially dangerous situations

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:54:03 -0400

Dear Alfredo and Vasilis

I am interested in knowing more about the potentially dangerous situations
that is being alluded to in the release notes
<http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/11289.html>
when FLAIR pre-processor expressions such as !_at_what.1 are used.

Are the effects observed when they are used in any or all of the input
cards ?

I have inputs that use such pre-processors substantially and
inter-dependently in geometry, beam parameters, material definitions, scoring
cards, rot -defi and many more. I also occasionally edit the .inp and the
.flair files with vi.

With the latest FLUKA release, I see the output file has warnings about
this feature and the limited support for it.

It will be interesting to know about the possible causes and effects when
such features are used.

Cheers, Sunil