RE: [fluka-discuss]: RADDECAY output

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 20:23:57 +0000

Dear Agnieszka

Looking at the output, it looks like you have a high energy beam as primary particle. So with no RADDECAY card, if you score ALLPART (I can't tell from the information you provide), you will get the contribution from the "prompt part" of the transport (contribution of secondary particles with high energy depending on the initial beam properties) and the contribution of radioactive nuclei decay (photons, electrons, positrons emitted following the radioactive decay with typical energies lower than a few MeV).

Now if you have the RADDECAY (and maybe DCYSCORE associated to the scoring card ?), then you will filter the contribution of the prompt part and score only the contribution of particles from the radioactive decay. As it involves the nuclei de-excitation it explains why the contribution only appears in the lowest energy bin. If this is not the possible explanation, better to send your input file.

Hoping this help
Joachim