Re: [fluka-discuss]: Lattice scoring error

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:52:07 +0200

Dear Juan
the problem is with the rotations.
In the second input you sent (prueba_lat) , each rotation is defined
with three cards, each one adding a z-translation, with the result that
the z-translation is three times larger.
One rot-defi is enough for each translation

In the other input, the rotation number defined in what(1) is huge, too
large to be accepted by the code. As a result, the rotation is not
recognized and not performed.  An error message will be inserted in the
next respin to protect this situation.

I am not sure I understand the use of lattice in this geometry. Are you
planning to add complexity to the basic voxel? If not, why to use
lattices? One could simply define the regions as you now define the
replicas..probably I am missing something.

A warning: in the geometry there are many boundaries defined by multiple
bodies sharing one face. This is potentially dangerous, because rounding
could be different depending on the body. If possible, it is always good
practice to define, for instance, overlapping RCCs cut by a single plane
(see
https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435684/attachments/1395449/2242749/06_Geometry_2017.pdf
slide 39)

Hope this helps