Re: Please help

From: Stefan Roesler (sroesler@mail.cern.ch)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 18:05:20 CEST

    Dear Santosa

    Yes, FLUKA can be used for that purpose; the code simulates
    electromagnetic showers above 1keV.

    Input examples can be found on the FLUKA Web-page

    http://www.fluka.org/Examples.shtml

    At minimum you will need:

    - a geometry description of your problem
    - assignment of regions to materials (ASSIGNMAT card)
    - a DEFAULTS card; use SDUM=PRECISIO to be most precise
    - BEAM and BEAMPOS cards to define beam properties
    - EMFCUT cards to define transport and production thresholds for
    electrons/positrons and photons. Note that SDUM=PROD-CUT defines
    production cutoffs and a blank SDUM transport thresholds (the latter are
    usually set to lower or equal values than the former).
    - scoring cards, such as USRBIN or SCORE for deposited energy, USRTRACK or
    USRBDX for fluence or current scoring
    - a RANDOMIZE card to define a start-seed for the random number generator
    - a START card to define the number of beam particles to be simulated
    - s STOP card

    See the FLUKA manual for a detailed description of these (and other)
    cards.

    Best regards
    Stefan

    --