Re: Polarized cross section

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis (Vasilis.Vlachoudis@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 09:35:43 CEST

    Dear Francesco,

    unfortunately FLUKA for the moment do not treat the elastic collisions
    of ions, therefore LELEVT will always be .FALSE. Please remember that
    the inelastic LINEVT flag in FLUKA includes all NON-ELASTIC channels,
    therefore, when checking for NP=1 you are checking for only one particle
    in the final state, and you are missing the events that the exited
    carbon emits something. More over the physics description of these
    peripheral process is on the limit of the implemented models in FLUKA.

    To print the cross section or to simulate only the interaction you would
    need a special driver which is not available.

    Best Regards
    Vasilis