Question about deuteron cross section

From: Dario Moricciani (Dario.Moricciani@roma2.infn.it)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 17:34:59 CEST

    Dear All,
    I would like to ask some information about the cross section
    for the elastic and inelastic scattering of deuteron on Carbon,
    discussion already started by our student Francesco Gonnella.

    The (kinetic) energy range which is interesting for us is around
    500-600 MeV, since we are not expert in the internal of fluka
    code. I will try to ask a simple question it is possible for fluka
    read an external file where is write for the coordinate (inside
    the target) where happen the interaction and the momentum of
    the deuteron in the final state and then fluka take care of the
    trasport this particle inside the apparatus ?

    Best Regards

    --
    Dr. Dario Moricciani
    INFN - Sezione Roma Tor Vergata