Re: [fluka-discuss]: Lattice Question

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:44:55 +0200

Dear Faruk,

Indeed container regions must be defined explicitly in FLUKA.

For such a situation, one would assume there is some regularity in the
way the replicas are arranged. In order to avoid exceeding the maximum
number of regions allowed (up to 20000 if passing a GLOBAL card with the
corresponding WHAT(1)), it would make sense to define as the prototype
not just an individual region, but a coarse-grained number of them.
Then, the lattice replica regions should be fewer.

In any event, for full lattice customization, there is always the option
of adapting the user routine lattic.f.

With kind regards,

Cesc

--