RE: Question for setting USRBIN energy threshold

From: Joachim Vollaire (joachim.vollaire@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 23:38:00 CEST

    Hi Jason

    Neutrons you transport in your simulation are the ones you will score in your USRBIN detector if you request neutron fluence. A way to change this is to write a user routine: fluscw.f in this case and activate a call to this routine using USERWEIG card (see chapter 13 for details). You can then define boundaries and then multiply the scored values by zero if the neutrons is outside the boundary or by one if inside the range of interest. . You could use USRICALL to define your boundaries or any other type of logic (SDUM of USRBIN....) .
    For your particular case, you may also consider the definition of a fictious regions and use USRTRACK cards to obtain energy dependent spectra.
    I would avoid playing with PAR-THR for scoring since you may "kill" neutrons which may contribute to your detector response (n,g ...., fission depending on your application)....

    Hoping it helps

    Joachim