Re: [fluka-discuss]: Energy deposition not all from electronic stopping power?

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:06:02 +0200

Hi Ryan,
on your slab dimensions, stopping power is constant up to the 4th digit.
  The difference you see is due to nuclear interactions . You can see in
the .out file that there are some (few) of them. You can check  by
yourself, using the THRESHOL card to turn off inelastic interactions.
If you are interested in precision, ICRU recently re-evaluated the
stopping powers for some materials, including water. This essentially
because the mean excitation energy (I) has been reevaluated to be 78 eV
instead of 75.

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017/04/26/newstar.pdf

To get these new values with FLUKA one should use the MAT-PROP card and
change the value for I.

Hope this helps
Paola