Re: [fluka-discuss]: Energy deposition not all from electronic stopping power?

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:07:22 +0200

Hi Ryan,

you are missing the fundamental concept that stopping power is not
constant. It's increasing for decreasing energy (your proton is losing
energy through the slab), which explains the higher energy deposition you
found.

Moreover, note that your expectation misses also the fact that delta
electrons, generated by proton induced ionization and contributing to the
proton stopping power, may actually leave your reference volume and
deposit some energy outside.

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti