Re: USRBIN & USRTRACK

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 16:38:07 CEST

    Hello Sujoy,

    First thing, a minor question : do you really want to apply your EMFCUT
    specifications only to materials 2.0 to 7.0 ?
    EMFCUT assignment is not done by regions, but by materials.

    I ran FLUKA with your input.

    Result for usrtrack with ustsuw treatment and multiplied by the energy
    bin : 1,41*10e-4 photons/cm²/incident photon
    Result for usrbin with usbsuw and pawlevbin treatment : ~10e-3
    photons/cm²/incident photon

    The two methods give tracklengh fluence (cm/cm3/primary), but not the
    same results, it is true.

    It depends on what you wanna calculate : the total fluence (or the
    fluence versus energy bins in case of several energy bins)
    in a given region (usrtrack) or the "spatial" (easily plotted with the
    associated tools) fluence in a binning of your choice (usrbin).

    Here, since you want to score what happens in your detector (this is
    what I assumed), aka a defined region, I would rather use USRTRACK.

    Hope it helps.

    Sebastien.