Re: [fluka-discuss]: New Evap with Heavy frag

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:57:07 +0200

Hi Devis

it is a bug in Flair, instead of putting 3 inside the first what of the
PHYSICS .... EVAPORAT card, Flair, due to a bug, spits an error and does
not insert the proper value in the input file.

The next release will solve this bug. Meanwhile I would suggest to put the
"3.0" by hand, either editing the card in the bottom part of the Flair
screen, or editing with whichever editor the input file after having
created it.

I urge every user to always check at least the first time they run a
new problem both the input file generated with Flair and the Fluka
output file in order to crosscheck they really corresponds to their
wishes. In particular the Fluka output file, which is indeed long,
contains all the information required for cross-checking whether
what the user wished is really what he/she got.

For example in your case, if the "heavy" evaporation option was
indeed active, the output should have contained a line like:
  Heavy fragmentation requested and activated. Total number of evaporation
states considered: .....

              Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |