Re: Particle LET

From: Paola Sala (paola.sala@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 17:35:01 CEST

    Hi

    The USRYIELD card gives exactly an histogram of LET. The same card can
    be used to produce histograms of many other quantities , like energy,
    charge and so on, at the boundary from one region to another.
    In the case of LET, the "bins" will be in keV/(micron g/cm^3 )
    and the "contents" will be NORMALIZED to unit interval of your second
    variable : be careful.
    To partially answer to the old posting (sorry..): the 6th what of the
    USRBIN card must contain the code of the material in which the LET has
    to be calculated: it is NOT taken to be equal to the one of the ingoing
    region, and if absent will be put equal to Hydrogen (material number 3,
    the first non-vacuum in fluka)
    If you have doubt on how to set the USRYIELD card, please send the input
    file so that we can check. Try also to have a look at the manual, and at
    the Scoring lectrure of the fluka course.
    ..I do not know whether our definition of LET spectra is different from
    yours..simply because I do not know what is your definition..
    Ciao
    Paola