[fluka-discuss]: error converting to vxl - Fluka gfortran 8?

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 21:24:32 +0000

Hello

I am continuously working with vxl files in Fluka and SimpleGeo environment. With new installed version of Fluka (gfortran 8) I have experienced strange conversion to vxl error: I can compile the files but the .vxl I get is with mistakes, improper and so on. I have successfully converted the ICRP phantoms in the past, but when I tried to repeat this today in the exactly the same steps/files/etc, the compilation is successful, I am getting all the NO/MO values and so on, but the resulting vxl file shows some monstrosity, not a human phantom - see attached pictures. I have also tried this with Zubal phantom which previously has been converted many times - and I tried it with exactly the same archived files - and I am getting some sort of strange alien lifeform, see the attached picture. Interesting that compilation itself shows the correct organ/voxel numbers. I also cannot see the new vxl in the Flair as well yet there were no problems with old vxl compiled in the past.
It was so strange that I checked everything several times, however, no clue what's happened. I even run the simplest test.dat to vxl conversion, and the resulting .vxl also could not be viewed with simpleGeo. Kindly please advise how to solve this as it is very crucial to my work. I have also attached test files, and also giving the link to phantom files: the source file and the newly generated vxl file in case someone willing to check. In case it is a local problem (because of my installation/setup) kindly please share with insights why this happened.

ICRP https://we.tl/t-vI6MgFmFmJ
Zubal: https://we.tl/t-PbKSISrVvh

Best Regards
Alexander