Re: [SPAM] RE: [fluka-discuss]: Angular distribution of usryield

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:56:49 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Vasilis,

Thanks for your reply. The second question in my last email now is clear to me under your interpretation. But to the 1st question,I am still puzzled.

 (1)I multiply the factor 2πsinθ with dθ to get dΩ, but which is based on the assumption of a isotropic distribution, however, this is a transcendental method, how can we know in advance the distribution is isotropic? Or dΩ=2πsinθdθ is only a geometric factor, the actual distribution is already calculated in the dN/dΩ, so to obtain dN/dθ we only just multiply the factor 2πsinθ with the output of fluka usryield card with an angular scoring?

(2)Another puzzled thing is that the distribution is given in steradian, but when I look at the output of the "gem_32_tab.lis" , the 1st column is from 0 to π(shown in attachment), which is still likely expressed in θ as I set in the input file, but the yield is referred to solid angle. As we all know , Ω will vary from 0 to 4π if θ from 0 to π (Ω=2π(1-cosθ)), why the output presents a maximum of π? If the 1st column is still θ, why can we get a flat curve like a isotropic distribution and why can we say the variable is Ω ?

Best regards!
Yang